The other day I took and reinstalled Ubuntu on my computer. So now I’m running 12.04, and I have to say that it’s a really nice OS.
Anyway, in Firefox I encountered an ugly Japanese font on some pages. It looked like an old/jagged serif font. However, on some other pages it looked much better and modern.
After looking around I finally managed to fix that ugly font problem by doing these steps:
- Open Firefox’s Preferences window.
- Select the Content tab.
- Click on the “Advanced…” button under “Fonts & Colors”.
- A new window appears with the title Fonts.
- Select Japanese in the “Fonts for:” drop-down list.
- Select “sans-serif” in the “Serif:” drop-down list.
- Finally close the window by clicking the OK button and you are done.