I googled after some tips for future pirates in EVE Online, and I found a really great PDF document that consists of 55 whole pages(!), describing the basics of piracy, strategies, tactics, ships and fittings. A really great guide which I really recommend!
Now I’m really eager to start with piracy, maybe with a frigate which I can afford without any problems.
Here are you able to download the guide:
Here is a thread on the official EVE Online forum about the guide:
If you want to install EVE Online in Ubuntu, follow the steps below. I did it on Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit and it worked great.
- Install Wine
- Download the Windows-version of EVE
- Run the installer for EVE by right clicki the file, select Properties, open the Permissions tab and bock the Execute-box.
- Close the window, right click the install file and select Open with Wine…
- Install EVE but don’t run the game after the installation.
- Open a terminal window and type: “wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks”, followed by “sh winetricks corefonts vcrun6 d3dx9″ to install fonts, DirectX and stuff.
- Close the terminal and go into Applications > Wine > Configure Wine.
- Go into the Graphics tab.
- Chose the “Emulate a virtual desktop” option.
- Type in a desktop size that is smaller than your screen resolution. Since my monitor’s resolution is 1680×1050, I typed in 1440×900 in the Desktop size boxes.
- Now, close the Wine configuration window and start EVE Online.
Since I’m doing missions right now in EVE, I find this website very useful:
And because I use projectile weapons, I also find this website useful to easily compare the different ammo types:
Here is another page with a great amount of good information about missions in EVE:
I haven’t written very much here during the past two months, but I’m going to start blogging here again.
Earlier this week I got an email from CCP in which they asked me to return to EVE, and gave me 5 free testing days. Now I have added even more time and are playing on my old minmatar character – Ytec. I got almost 2 million skillpoints and have recently bought a battle cruiser, the Hurricane. I’m trading, and doing level 2 missions to increase my standing with Brutor to do level 3 missions some time in the future. Doing missions is also a way to decrease the trading fees.
But back to the Hurricane. I didn’t really know what fit it with, so I went online, googled and found the website BattleClinic. On that website I found this nice fitting:
I’m a bit poor so I haven’t bought any T2-items, and I haven’t played any level 3 missions yet. But so far it’s great and blows up everything in level 2 missions.