I just updated Emesene to version 2 on my Linux Mint installation and I noticed that the tray icon was gone. To bring it back, I did these steps:
- Start Emesene.
- In the main window, press Options, which you find in the top bar. Then select Preferences.
- Click on the Extensions tab in the new window that has opened.
- There, select tray icon from the Categories drop-down list.
- And finally select Tray Icon from the Selected drop-down list, which is right beneath Categories.
- Press Redraw main screen to apply the changes. This button can you find on the same window.